Monday, June 27, 2016

Leila got baptized!


Hola a todos!!! 
This week was good. I don´t understand why time has to fly by so fast though... Está bien. 

We had to go to Córdoba on Wednesday. My poor companion. She got here Monday morning and Tuesday night we had to travel. We had to go to do some paperwork for my ID. Literally I just had to sign three papers. Then we came back. But the mission paid for lunch! We had McDonald´s! When we were walking down the stairs though, I totally tripped (as usual). We were in a mall so there were lots of people. I pulled it off pretty well though. :) jaja


Anyway. Good news! Leila got baptized yesterday!!!!! It was crazy! Saturday and Sunday it was raining so we were really worried about people going to church. Leila didn´t go. But we received permission and we went and got her and took her to the church so she could be baptized. I never met a person that wanted to get baptized so badly. We were worried she wouldn´t want to after what happened the last time, but she did. So this time, the elders were baptizing too. We thought it would be good for her to see other baptisms because of her fear. She was fine until she got in the water. Then her fear got a hold of her again. The elder said the prayer and she didn´t want to cover her nose. He could tell she was about to freak out again so he basically dunked her. Her arms were flailing a bit so he had to go under the water a bit too. It looked really...OK, I´m not sure how to describe it. If someone didn´t know that she really did want to get baptized would have questioned our motives. But afterward, Leila asked me ¨Am I baptized now?¨ Sweet thing. 


We tried time and again to find Maria, Adrian and Marcelo. They were never home. But we´re going to keep trying!!!!! We know that they can progress more!

We met with Cristina (the woman we contacted that thanked us for the peace she felt with us). We taught the Plan of Salvation. She really liked it. She really wants to be with her daughter again. We invited her to be baptized so that she can get there, but she said she needed time to think and pray. Which is fine! But the Spirit was so strong!!! I really believe that her daughter has already received the Gospel on the other side and now wants her mom to receive it too. It was beautiful!
  

It was a good week! My companion is teaching me Portuguese as well so we´re mixing the three languages. It´s rather fun! 

Anyway, I hope you have a great week!!! I love you!!!!

Love from,

Hermana Micaela Wilson 

No comments:

Post a Comment