Friday, June 17, 2016

Reflections

Romina's family at her daughter's baptism

Hola hola hola!!!!! Cómo están todos? 

This week was really good!!!!

Bueno, we went to visit María y Adrian. Adrian wasn´t there so we talked for a little bit with their kids and Maria. They are soooo busy. It's ridiculous. Their son leaves at 7 in the morning and doesn't get home till 10 and stays up till 1 or 2 in the morning doing homework. The parents both work and are hardly ever home. But Maria told us that they're both reading the Book of Mormon. They really like it! They want to meet with us, but they don't know how to find the time. Also, they keep getting sick, so every time there's time, they're sick. Ugh. They're awesome and we just want to be able to help them!

We also had a Family Home Evening with a recent convert, Ramiro, and his family. His dad is less-active and the dad participated the whole time. He even made us pizza. Amazing pizza, I might add. :) It was a little miracle for us!!

On Friday, the hermana lideres came for our intercambio. It's funny because I was their hermana lider for both of them. And now they're mine. :) I went with Hermana Linares. It was a really good day! It was good to work with her again. She helped me remember a lot of things and she also cleared up some doubts I'd had. It was great!!

Bueno, next Sunday, WE HAVE A BAPTISM!!!! Her name is Leila Nasrallah and is 8 years old. Her grandma and brother are members (less-actives) and the first time we went, they said that we needed to baptize Leila. We were like, Ok, perfect! They went to church this Sunday and Leila is really excited for her baptism! 

Also, on Saturday, the stake had asked us to have a meeting with the leaders of the ward and that we would be teaching. Yeah, that was a big load. But it ended well. We talked about what the ward needed and we're going to have another meeting about what we can do to help. We also had to teach on Sunday during Sunday School. It was really good, though. We just hope it helps!

Anyway, the best thing was yesterday. We got together as a whole mission to say goodbye to Presidente y Hermana Alliaud. It was really sad, actually. I was sitting on the stand (because I was part of the musical numbers), and was looking out at the faces of the missionaries thinking about every one of them. I knew the majority of them. It's amazing to think back and reflect on what has happened. I've talked a lot with my companion, too, about how things have changed. In me. How I've grown. What I've learned. It was really hard to say goodbye to Presidente y Hermana Alliaud. Really, they're like our parents here. I love them SO much! I was really worried that I would come here to La Rioja and never see some people again (because it's 6 hours away from Cordoba). It was my chance to say goodbye to everyone, too. I remember sitting down and wanting to just bawl. I love this life. I love the mission. It has been the best thing I have ever done. I don't want it to end. Everything that has happened. It's been amazing. Extremely hard, and extraordinarily amazing! I know it can't go on forever. But I don't want this dream to end. What an amazing privilege to be here. 

I hope you know how much I love you all. Take advantage of every day. Because you'll never get it back. Aprovechen cada momento. Amen cada día. No dejen algo por mañana que podrían hacer hoy. Hoy es el día. Ahora es el tiempo. Keep on keepin on!

[Seize every moment. Amen every day. Do not leave anything for tomorrow they could do today. Today is the day. Now is the time.]

Love from,

Hermana Micaela Wilson

From Micaela's letter to her mom:

Bueno, I don't think I've ever told you about the people in my old areas who have gotten baptized. On Sunday, Jennifer and Milagros (from Carlos Paz) got baptized!!!! I am so happy!!!!! We knew they were going to get baptized!!!!! Also from my other areas, in Bell Ville, Guadalupe, Ludmila and Juan got baptized! From Jesus Maria, Miguel Gil got baptized! It's been amazing to be able to hear about all of them! Also, Romina (from Bell Ville, my convert) called me to tell me that her youngest daughter got baptized a couple weeks ago. Her husband, Alejandro, baptized her. It's amazing to hear about these things. Even though I wasn't there, it's amazing to see the impact. 






No comments:

Post a Comment