Monday, June 20, 2016

"We found a miracle!"

Micaela with Presidente y Hermana Alliaud
Hola todos! Espero que hayan tenido una buena semana!!
 [Hello everyone! I hope you had a good week !!]

This week was good. Sad. But good. 

Ok. A ver. [Let's see.]

Bueno, we found a miracle!!!!! So, about a month ago, we were on our way to lunch when a man in a truck stopped us and asked for the direction of the church and he left. Bueno, this week we were contacting former investigators when a man came outside. It was him! We didn´t even know that he lived there! We started talking and he said that he wants to find the church that is closest to Christ. He wants to be there, and he wants his family to be there. He has lots of questions. He told us that he was going to go last Sunday, but he slept in by accident. He said that he was going to go yesterday, but he didn´t make it. He said that he wanted to be able to go for the whole time, and because it was Father´s Day, he wasn´t sure if he´d be able to. But, we invited him to be baptized and he accepted!!! We´re hoping that he can progress!!!

Micaela and Leila
Leila. Leila. Leila. 
Bueno, Leila was going to be baptized yesterday. She didn´t get baptized. It was a mess. Ok, so they went to church, everything´s good. We had to have the baptism in a different church because we didn´t have gas to heat the water. We asked the elders if they could fill the font and they said they couldn´t. So we got to the church after lunch at about 4. It takes about 4 hours to fill the font with hot water and the baptism was at 5. I was really stressed. Then we had to wait another 30 minutes for the elders to get the keys to us. When we got in there, the font was filled! I had misunderstood the elders and they had filled it. Bueno, the members were there and Leila got there. She changed and everything was ready. The service was really beautiful. But, when it came time to be baptized, she didn´t want to go in all the way. She´s afraid of the water and we didn´t know that. We tried everything to convince her, but she wouldn´t. She is also extremely shy. So yeah. That was sad. 
I know she´ll get baptized afterward. When we were in the car going home, she looked at me with these huge eyes. We couldn´t say anything, but I know that she wants to do it. She´s just scared. It was so sad. She was afraid of going all the way under, but she also didn´t want to leave the font. She wanted to get baptized. When she left, she was asking her mom if she got baptized or not. It was heartbreaking. 

the old district
Anyway, we also had transfers! Hermana Larsen went to San Francisco in Córdoba and Hermana Barbosa from Brazil is here with me now! She was in my district in Bell Ville. I saw her when she started the mission and now she´s gonna kill me. :)

the majority of the hermanas in the mission
Y bueno. It was an emotional roller coaster yesterday. I also got sick last night, so my new companion came and I was a mess. I´m feeling better now, but this morning was rough. :)

I hope you all know how much I love you!!! Have a great week!!!

Love from,
Hermana Micaela Wilson

Micaela and Teresita

1 comment: