Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"It has been a big change, but it has been good."

Council of Leaders--May

Hola mi querida familia!

This week was really good!!! It has been a big change, but it has been good.

I have gotten to know the investigators and am getting to know the area. I´m completely lost right now, but I know I´ll learn.

On Wednesday, we walked the whole day and no one wanted to let us in. It was a little discouraging, but on Thursday we were able to see some miracles. We were walking, trying to find a woman (Gisela) when a man said, “Hi hermanas!” Normally people don´t call us hermanas unless they know us. So we went to talk to him. Sure enough, his ex-wife is a member and he wants us to teach him! Then we had given up on Gisela when a man yelled at us asking if we were looking for Gisela. We said yes and she came outside. She couldn´t talk right then, but we were able to get her number and she told us when she´s available. That night, we went to a member´s house and she had a friend over. He was really, really drunk (we found out later that he´d drunk a whole 12 pack). He had lots of questions, though, and we were able to talk a bit. We didn´t go in depth because we knew he wouldn´t remember much. But it was really amazing!

On Saturday, we went to visit a couple, María y Adrian. The other hermanas had left a pamphlet and the man had read it and had questions. The wife would have read it but her husband took it to work with him. So we taught the Restoration and they really enjoyed it. We gave them a Book of Mormon and invited them to church. They said that they would be there. We also invited them to be baptized and they accepted!!!!! They are amazing! So willing. They were hanging on every word.

On Sunday, a young man, Fernando, went to church with us. When we got there, María and Adrian were there! I´d tried to find their number in the morning to call them, but I couldn´t find it. They got there alone! It was amazing!!!!!

This week has been great! I´ve been a little sad at times, though, thinking about Carlos Paz. I loved Carlos Paz and a part of me stayed there. Also, leaving Hermana Medina was hard. She was a great friend and companion. I don´t know if I´ll ever see her again...

But my companion right now, Hermana Larsen, is great! We have a very similar sense of humor and we laugh all the time! I´m enjoying La Rioja and am excited to work here!!!

Sorry I don´t have as much time today. We have a meeting soon, so we have to run. But I hope you all know how much I love you!!! Have a great week!!!

Love from,
Hermana Micaela Wilson


P.S. I promise to send pictures next week. It doesn´t work on this computer.
Council of Leaders--May 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment