Monday, April 4, 2016

I hope you enjoyed General Conference.

Hola todos! Espero que hayan disfrutado la Conferencia General. Fue increíble, no?

This week was pretty good. Kind of crazy though. There were a couple days where we didn´t do anything that we had planned. But, we could see the hand of the Lord in our work. It was really special.

Jennifer and Milagros. UGH. I don´t understand why they can´t go to church. It´s three blocks away!!!! On Saturday night, after conference, we had a really good lesson with them. We taught the Restoration. We took a member and she testified with a lot of power. The Spirit was strong. They understood and I know that they felt the Spirit. They committed to go to the Conference on Sunday. Since it was at 1 (the first session), they said it would be easier for them to go. We asked if they wanted us to go get them beforehand and they said no. So we waited. They didn´t go to the first session. Between sessions, we went to visit them. Milagros was out taking the empanadas around. We talked to Jennifer and she said that, for sure for sure, they were going to go the the 5 o´clock session. So we waited. And they didn´t show. It was really frustrating. A month or so of inviting and they never make it. We don´t know what else to do.

Diego and William. We couldn´t meet with them this week. A member had invited them over to a birthday party, and we went, but at the last second, they backed out. They also couldn´t go to Conference because of a different party. 

JUST GO TO CHURCH!!!!

It was really special though. We were doing contacting one day when we found a mother and her daughter and two friends. Their names are Marcela (the mother), Valentina (the daughter), Eliana (friend) and Ariadna (other friend). We were talking to them and they had lots of really good questions. We started teaching and testifying about the Plan of Salvation. Valentina doesn´t believe in God. She believes in reincarnation. I testified about when I, at her age, decided to know for myself. I saw the words enter into her heart. We have a lesson with them today. We had invited them to pray. I hope they did it. 


We also met with Helena again. (She´s an old investigator from my first transfer here.) We got a message from Rosane (a member) telling us that Helena was in her house and that we should go. So we went. We had a good talk with her. she isn´t living with her boyfriend anymore. She´s single. She knows everything about the church and has a testimony. Now, the only thing impeding her from being baptized is herself. When she wants to, she can do it. I hope she does it soon!

General Conference was really special. I always love being able to listen to our prophet and the Twelve. I especially loved Elder Uchtdorf´s talk and Elder Holland´s. As always. :) 
Also, I wanted to share a favorite scripture with you all. It´s in 1 Nephi 2:15. Look it up. It´s pretty good. :) Here´s a picture to go along with it.


I hope you all know how much I love you! I hope you all have a great week!!!!

Love from,
Hermana Micaela Wilson

P.S. Sorry I don´t have pictures this week! I promise to send some next week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment