Monday, June 8, 2015

An Open Heart



Hey y´all!!!

So, I´m sorry, I don´t have much time to write today nor much to write this week about investigators. We worked really hard this week and found 20 new investigators again! But, we have to see how they all progress.

What I do want to talk about this week is my companion.

So, the week started out and I just wanted to cry every day because I missed Hermana Romeril so much. I just wanted her back. I didn´t feel that Hermana Linares understood me or that I understood her. During the day, I would try to ask her questions, but I didn´t feel that she was very receptive or forthcoming with her answers. I felt discouraged and alone.

On Sunday, we had interviews with our district leader (Elder Barrett).
I told him how I was feeling and he tried to help. That night, Hermana Linares started telling me about her family, her life, who she is. Completely opened up. I was amazed!

In the middle of all that, Hermana Romeril called me. I was so happy to talk to her! I miss her! She told me about her life now as a Sister Training Leader and she asked about how I was doing. It was great! I felt bad, however, because Hermana Linares was just opening up. After the call, I could feel that she had closed back up again. But, luckily, she was straightforward with me.

She told me that she felt that she was trying to do her part, she was trying to open up, but she felt that I had a barrier. I had limits. I wasn´t going to let her in, let her get to know me. She said that she had done the same thing this week, closed off, and she didn´t want to do it anymore.

Wow, she was right. I had made a barrier, put up limits. I assumed that she wouldn´t understand me nor me her. I didn´t really try, and I didn´t open up. I wasn´t being me.

I apologized profusely and we stayed up late talking, getting to know each other. I felt, and still feel, terrible for having done that. I know better than that.

An open heart is the only thing that can lead to a friendship.


Anyway, I wanted to share with you what I learned this week.

Thank you all for your prayers and your love. I love you so much and hope that you have a fantastic week!!!!!

Love from,

Hermana Micaela Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment