Friday, February 20, 2015

Bonus Material

Micaela's companion is a sweet and happy girl. Here is an excerpt from a letter she sent to me:

"You have raised a fantastic daughter!! I am so lucky to have her as my companion.  She has taught me so much and I couldn't have asked for anyone better.  She sings with me, quotes silly movies with me, has a lot of patience with me when it comes to Spanish, and teaches the gospel of Jesus Christ with me!! Its amazing how The Spirit testifies through us!! I truly love her!"  

Here are Micaela's answers to some of my questions:
1. What is your weekly schedule?
 My schedule varies from day to day, but I'll do my best to describe a normal day. Normally, I get up at 6:30 and get ready. We have breakfast at 7:15 and our first block of class is at 7:45. Then we have lunch at 11:35 and then back to class at 12:20. At 3:30 we have gym and then dinner at 4:50 (which I do not like because I normally ate dinner at 7 or 8). Then it's back to class at 5:45 and then planning at 9, in bed by 10:30. It's go, go, go. But it's good. During two of those blocks of classes we have a teacher. So it's Spanish learning and learning how to teach. During the other class block, we have time for personal/companionship/language study. Also, on Monday and Thursdays we have TRC, where we teach Mercedes. On Tuesdays, we have a devotional in the evening, so that takes up one of the Spanish blocks. Wednesday is P-day, so we go to the temple, do laundry, write and anything else we need to do, and then attend class at 5:45. Friday we have service in the morning. It's pretty good. I'm liking it here. :)
2. Do you attend the temple in English or in Spanish?
We do English sessions. You watch the session in your native tongue, which I am very grateful for. Going to the temple is a nice break. A chance to unwind and be at peace. We also eat breakfast at the temple. Their food is really good!
3. Are you learning Spanish with the Argentine pronunciation?
I am learning Argentine pronunciation. I'm really glad too. It's not too hard, but if I was always hearing a different accent, it'd be harder. 
4. What is your favorite thing about your experience at the MTC?
I would have to say the Spirit that is here. It is amazing!!! 
5. What is the most important thing you've learned while being in the MTC?
The most important thing I've learned while being here is how much I need the Spirit. There is no way that I can do this by myself. There is no way that I can learn this language by myself. There is no way that I can teach the Gospel by myself. But with God, with His Spirit, I can.

Micaela also responded to questions about how she writes about her "acting" investigators as if they were real.
With the "investigators" (my teachers) it is really interesting because they put a lot of their real lives into it. And also, our purpose as missionaries is "to invite others to come unto Christ." Not just non-members or less actives. Others. Meaning all. Meaning me, my companion, my teachers, members. Everyone. Our teachers have told us that we have helped them in their lives, even though they aren't real investigators. So that's really cool to me. Teaching in Spanish is an adventure. I'm amazed at how much I know already. I feel like I'm doing well with Spanish. Some of the other missionaries get really stressed out or annoyed with the language, but I don't really. That has been a huge blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment