Monday, January 25, 2016

This is His work.


sunset from the pension
Hola a todos!
Espero que hayan tenido una muy buena semana!
[Hi all! I hope you had a great week !]

This week was really good. :) We were able to work a lot even though we didn´t get the results we wanted. It was still good. 

Damian and Eliana did not get married or baptized this week. We´ve been working really hard with them. We went to the registro civil [civil registry] with them (sorry, I don´t know what it´s called in English) but they can´t afford it right now. They also want it to be a special occasion so they want to buy clothes and rings and all that jazz. I understand why it´s hard for the other hermanas because they may not be here. They´re still going, though, and they want to get married. They´re going to see what they can do so that they can do it by the end of the transfer.

Antonella is doing really well. We went on Tuesday to teach her and Damian and Eliana about the Restoration. We brought our little DVD player to show the movie. It was crazy! We first couldn´t plug it in (because it can´t hold a charge) and then you couldn´t hear, and there was one problem after another. So we put on the subtitles and called it good. We watched until right after the First Vision and turned it off. We asked what they were able to understand and Damian and Eliana didn´t get hardly anything, but Antonella understood. She even quoted James 1:5 almost word for word. It was amazing to see how much she can learn and understand now that she has the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was really cool. Even though the lesson didn´t go too well, it did for her.

Also it was Antonella´s birthday on Thursday. So on Saturday she invited us and the elders and some members over to celebrate. It was really sweet of her. While we were there, her little sister, Fernanda asked me for a Book of Mormon. She said she wanted to read it and that she wants to be baptized. It was a really special moment. In the midst of all the commotion of the party, she wanted a Book of Mormon. She´s a sweetheart.

We are also teaching María (the mother of a recent convert). She wants to get baptized but more because she believes that it will heal her. We´ve talked a lot about the real meaning and she´s beginning to understand. She also thought that all the churches were the same, but once we taught her the Restoration she began to understand that they can´t all be the same. We couldn´t find her this week and she didn´t come to church. It´s a bit hard because she´s older and depends on other people to get around.

We went on an exchange in Saldán and I got to go with Hermana Lopez. I was in her district when I was in Bell Ville so it was good to see her again and work with her. She´s a good friend. I was able to talk to her and help her with some of the problems she was having. I really like being a Sister Training Leader. I feel like not only can I help my investigators, but the sisters as well. Everyone needs to be invited to ¨come unto Christ.¨

Anyway, I´ve been thinking a lot this last week as I approach my year mark in this time I´ve had in Argentina. It´s been hard. I´ve had some hard times. I´ve had my breakdowns and reached my breaking points, but it has been the most beautiful and rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. I, personally, have grown. I have come closer to my Father in Heaven. I have been able to meet people and touch lives. I have seen the eternities change for the better. I have seen what the Gospel does in one´s life. I have seen the light be turned on in one´s eyes. I have worked side by side with the Spirit and have been an instrument in God´s hands. What a marvelous and miraculous time this has been. I am sad that the time has gone by so fast. I thank God every day for this wonderful opportunity.

Thank you all so much for your love and support. I love you all so much and I hope that you have a great week! As one of my brothers always said, Keep on keepin on!

Love from,
Hermana Micaela Wilson

I got burned the other day in the sun. These are my tan lines now.
P.S.
I can´t believe I totally forgot the best thing about the week! We had a world-wide mission broadcast. All of the missionaries in all the world watched this. It was great! The last time they did it is when Preach My Gospel came out so we were all on tenterhooks but nothing like that came out. :) It was still amazing though! We got to hear the general authorities talk about principles in Preach My Gospel. My favorite part was about following the Spirit. Elder Bednar was talking and one part that really hit me was this: He said that the Holy Ghost is not a tool that we have, but rather that we are the tool or the instrument in the hands of the Holy Ghost. I really liked this because I had been feeling really stressed and overwhelmed with the work feeling like I had to do everything. That Monday my mom had written me telling me that this isn´t my work. It is the Lord´s work. It hit me really hard when Elder Bednar was speaking because it´s just that. I am not the one who has to make people convert to the Gospel. I have to be worthy to have the Spirit but it is the Spirit who testifies and teaches. And the investigators have to let the Spirit into their hearts. It changed how I think about the work. I needn´t be so stressed. As long as I am doing my part and doing the best I can, that´s good enough. I realized, this is God´s work. And because it´s His work, it´ll work out the way He wants it to.

I also read His Grace is Sufficient this week by Brad Wilcox and I would invite all of you to read it. It´s pretty amazing!

Anyway, have a great week!!!

Love from,
Hermana Micaela Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment