Monday, October 26, 2015

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Micaela's district with the hermana leaders
¡Hola! ¿Qué tal? ¡Espero que hayan tenido una buena semana!
[Hello! How are you? I hope you had a good week!]

Bueno, this week was a LOT better! Woohoo!

Bueno. So, investigators. 

Mayra y Sebastian. They weren´t there for our appointment! And they´re only at home one day a week. We´re gonna try and contact them this week.

Noelia wasn´t home either. We went to San Marcos early so that we could talk to her, and then she wasn´t there. And we can only go to San Marcos once a week...

Now you´re probably wondering why I said this week was "a LOT better." Well, I´ll tell you. :)

On Tuesday we had exchanges with the hermana leaders. They´re great! They helped us to find some new investigators and to help us with our attitudes. I went on exchanges with Hermana Woolley. We were at one point searching for a former investigator and found her grandmother. We talked with her and she said that we could come back another day. We said we´d love to and as we were leaving Hermana Woolley asked her if she knew anyone close by that we could teach. She told us that there was a family around the corner so we went. There lived a family PF (family where not all of them are members)! We talked to the mom (member) and she told us about her daughter that likes to go to church. Turns out that I know her daughter but I didn´t know that she wasn´t a member. Two days later I went with Hermana Jaramillo to teach the daughter. Her name is Ludmila and she´s 10 years old. She already know so much! We put a baptismal date with her and she accepted! She´s going to be baptized on November 7! 
 
Micaela and Ludmila

Gaston, Ludmila and Micaela


My companion also found a family in the exchange that I am excited to meet and teach! 

I was also able to talk to the hermana leaders about what was going on in the area and how I was feeling. They helped me to realize that the blessings always come. But when we are desperate they come a little quicker. Just like Joseph Smith when he was desperate for an answer, he went to a grove and prayed. I remember when I too was desperate for an answer. And indeed my answer came. We also talked about one´s attitude. One of the hermanas told me that she was studying about how we can best show God that we are grateful for all that He has given us. She said that the best answer she found was to be happy. So being grateful makes one happy and being happy helps one to be grateful. And by so doing, God is happy.

Really. Our attitude changed completely and we were blessed with miracles!

I testify that the Lord answers prayers. That when we are desperate enough to humble ourselves before Him, He will answer our prayers more greatly than we could imagine. I testify of the importance of gratitude and your attitude. Most importantly, the attitude of gratitude. I know that when we are grateful, the Lord is pleased and He blesses us even more abundantly.

I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all so much! Don´t forget that the Lord is on your side and that he always hears your prayers!!!

Love from,
Hermana Micaela Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment