Sunday, October 11, 2015

Ask Inspired Questions

Hola mi familia y amigos!
Espero que disfrutaron la Conferencia General y tuvieran una buena semana!
[Hi family and friends. I hope you enjoyed General Conference and had a good week.]

Wow, Conference was great, right? There were so many good talks! I especially liked the talks by Larry R. Lawrence, Neill F. Marriott and of course, Elder Jeffery R. Holland. I too approached General Conference with a question. It was amazing that in the very first session, they answered my question. Then, in the remaining sessions, they added more. It was beautiful!

This week was hard in terms of the work. We couldn´t find very many new investigatos and I fear that we are going to lose some others. 
It was also a sad week. It was the last week of transfers and we knew that Elder Muñoz (our district leader) was going home. Also the zone leaders went home. Hermana Lopéz also left us for another area. It was hard to say goodbye. 

We were also invited, all of us, to lunch with Romina. We had ñoquis. They were amazing! On Sunday, we had ñoquis again with Elena (a member in the branch). 

We couldn´t visit Estela because she was sick and had to go to the doctor. 

We visited Elva, but she is still really confused. It´s hard. Every time that we feel like we need to drop her, she progresses a little bit. I´m scared that she´s going to become an eternal investigator. 

I would also like to share an experience that I had with my companion. 

I was struggling because I didn´t feel like I knew how to help my companion. I knew that she was holding a lot back and that there was a lot that she didn´t want to share. Before receiving my companion, we had a training session. In that meeting, Presidente Alliaud told us that our companions are like investigators. Only they're with us 24/7. We have to be the example. We have to help. This made me feel a little overwhelmed. But, it´s a bit true. 

One thing that Preach My Gospel tells us to do is ask inspired questions. So, I decided to do this with Hermana Jaramillo. We were walking after the lunch with Romina where she hadn´t said a word and I started asking questions. At first she resisted and didn´t want to talk. But I persisted. Finally, she opened up and she told me the problem. She didn´t feel like she could be herself because none of us know her. I told her, "Hermana, if you want us to know you, you have to show us who you  are." From that moment, she has been more open, more herself. And it´s beautiful! 

Before leaving on my mission, I received counsel from two friends. One had already served a misson, the other was in the  mission. 

One friend told me that he felt he was losing who he was. Until one day he realized that he was still him. He wasn´t just Elder. He was himself. I, I am a missionary, but I´m not just Hermana Wilson. I´m Hermana Micaela Wilson. All of the attributes I had before are still here.

My other friend told me that when she was in the mission she struggled with feeling like she was the missionary she needed to be. She talked with another missionary and they told her that she too had felt that way. Until she realized that God had called her. God had called her as she was. Not as she could be or should be. God called her not in spite of her weaknesses, but because of her weaknesses. God needed her as she was. And as she was was good enough. 

I would like all of you to think on this. God called each one of us to the calling we have. Not becuase He knew we would be good, but because we need to grow. 

God loves you all so very much. 

I hope you all have a great week and that you may recognize the hand of God in your lives, today. 

Love from,

Hermana Micaela Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment