Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Strength Beyond My Own

Waiting for the bus
Hola hola hola!!

Bueno, this week was really good! We had exchanges in Tuesday and that was fun. Bueno, now for the investigators. :) 

Romina, Alejandro and Francina (and Francesca). So, Romina and her family came to church on Sunday! It was great! We talked with them on Saturday and on Sunday. On Saturday we taught the Restoration and on Sunday we went through the commandments. It was really good. We talked with Alejandro about how he felt about being baptized. He said that he wasn´t 100% sure about it all. But, if he felt what he had felt in church all the time, he would be. We testified that the feeling he felt was the Holy Ghost and that he could indeed feel that feeling again, all the time. But he has to do his part. We talked about that after baptism, he would have the opportunity to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. O sea, that he would be able to have that feeling all the time, as long as he is worthy to keep it. It was a really good lesson. He is amazing! We are still planning the baptism for them both on Sunday, but we also want Alejandro to feel comfortable. We are going to wait a little bit with Francina (the daughter) so that we can teach her according to her needs. (Francesca is their other daughter who is 7 years old.) 

Elva. We are still working with Elva so that she can recognize her answers. It´s been a little hard. We don´t know what else we can do to help her. She is wonderful, just a little stubborn. 

Juan. Bueno, I don´t know if you all remember what happened with Juan. He was the man that almost got baptized last transfer, but on the day of his baptism, he didn´t go. We went to see him and talked to him very frankly about what he was searching for (peace) and how he could get it. He told us that he knew he needs to be baptized to receive all that he feels he needs. So, we talked about it a little more and invited him to be baptized. He accepted. I am just really hesitant about it. We want to be extremely sure that he´s sure. We are going to be doing a lot of praying for him to know what to do.

Guadalupe. Everything is practically the same with Guada. She´s still reading and praying and still can´t go to church. We are going to try to set up an appointment with her dad and bring the president of the Young Women and some youth with us. We really want to help her. 

Anyway, this week was good. We went to go visit the people that we had found the week before, but they weren´t there. :( We´re going to try again this week though. :)

I hope that you are all doing well at home! I love you all so much!!!

Love from,
Hermana Micaela Wilson
Exchanges with Hermana Mikolajcik
Micaela's answers to some questions:

1. Do you feel the Lord is blessing you?
I do. It´s amazing. When I feel like I just can´t go on anymore, I feel a strength that isn´t my own. I hear a phrase that helps me, or I remember something that has been said. The scriptures and prayer have become my anchor. I know that whenever I read or pray, He is there. He is listening. He is my rock and my strength.

2. What have you learned about yourself that you didn't know before?
I´m stronger than I knew, but without God, I am nothing.

3. Do you ever do fun things on your P-day?
Yeah, we do. Two weeks ago we went to Marcos Juarez as a district and watched movies. Last week we went to Villa Maria and did Zumba. That was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment